The Alabama Home Builders Foundation scholarship was founded in 1995 with a mission to help fund deserving students who are interested in pursuing an education in the residential building trades in the state of Alabama.
- Must be a resident of Alabama.
- Must be enrolling in, or attending, an accredited community
college, technical school, university or approved vocational school in Alabama.
- Must be enrolled in a residential construction-related trade curriculum:
- Construction Management/Technology
Since 1997, the Foundation has awarded 1,430 scholarships totaling $814,300
- Applications must be received by March 15
- If you would rather download a PDF version of the application and return it via mail, email or fax, click here.
- Mailed applications must be postmarked by March 15th, should not be stapled or bound and sent to:
Alabama Home Builders Foundation
P.O. Box 241305
Montgomery, AL 36124
- Faxed applications should be sent to 334-834-5380.
- To email your application, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications received will be acknowledged via email. If you do not receive an email receipt, please check to see if we have received your application.
- Application must be completely filled out including email and financial aid information as well as all required documentation listed below in order to be considered.
- College or high school transcript (whichever is most recent).
- Minimum of one letter of recommendation. Letter must be signed and on letterhead if it is available.
- Proof of residency, such as a copy of a state-issued identification or a copy of a utility bill.
Factors the AHB Foundation Scholarship Committee Considers
- Career Goal: The AHBF supports applicants who are pursuing an education in the residential construction industry. Be sure to tell us how your chosen career relates to the residential construction industry.
- Letters of Recommendation: A letter of recommendation is important in the application process. Make sure to include at least one signed letter of recommendation, preferably on letterhead.
- Financial Need: The AHBF recognizes financial need as an important factor in awarding scholarships. Leaving financial information blank does not benefit the applicant.
- Academic Achievement: The AHBF supports academic achievement but knows not all students are A students. The GPA is not necessarily the most important aspect of a student’s transcript. The scholarship committee is interested in what courses the student has taken, how the courses relate to the residential construction industry, as well as the GPA and any standardized testing scores.
- Extra-curricular Activities: The AHBF is interested in hearing what you do inside and outside of school. It gives the scholarship committee a better idea of who they may be supporting.
- Past Recipient: The AHBF encourages past recipients of the scholarship to reapply each year as they are given preference in the award process.
- Completeness of Application: Be sure to completely fill out the application and submit all required documents. The AHBF scholarship committee will not review incomplete applications.
- Application Deadline: Make sure your application is in or postmarked by March 15. Late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants can expect to hear whether they are a scholarship recipient by the end of
April, via mail.
- For questions please contact Louise Brown at 334-834-3006.
We congratulate all of our 2023 recipients.
|First Name||Last Name||School Will Be Attending||Designated||Hometown|
|Molly||Arnold||Auburn University||Hall of Fame Scholarship||Daphne|
|Reilly||Burton||University of Alabama||Bentley & Kitty Owens Scholarship||Vestavia Hills|
|Elizabeth||Burton||Vestavia Hills High School||Bentley & Kitty Owens Scholarship||Vestavia Hills|
|Treyvion||Cobb||Southern Union||E.L. Spencer Scholarship||Auburn|
|Noah||Fitzgibbons||Guntersville High School||Guntersville|
|Seth||Hill||Central Alabama Community Colllege||Notasulga|
|Wyatt||Jones||Decatur High School||Decatur|
|Bentley||Kendall||Auburn University||Gulf Shores|
|Cullen||Kennedy||Valley High School||Valley|
|Preston||Langston||Central High School||Florence|
|Ashton||Lewis||Coastal Alabama||Sweet Water|
|George||Nettles||Lawson State||Buchalter Scholarship||Dolomite|
|Olivia||Reams||University of Alabama||Sylacauga|
|Daniel||Sanderson||University of Alabama||Elberta|
|Jamarion||Sanderson||Northwest Shoals||Muscle Shoals|
|Charlie||Snipes||University of Alabama||Corder Family Scholarship||Montgomery|
|Keenan||Stewart||Shelton State||Past Presidents Scholarship||Northport|
|Jake||Temple||Coastal Alabama||Malone/McQueen Scholarship||Haleyville|
|Timothy||Williams||University of Alabama||Wilsonville|
P.O. Box 241305
Montgomery, AL 36124-1305
© 2022 ALABAMA HOME BUILDERS FOUNDATION