- Must be a resident of Alabama.
- Must be enrolling in, or attending, an accredited community
college, technical school or university in Alabama.
- Must be enrolled in a residential construction-related curriculum:
- Architecture (3rd year)
- Building Construction/Science (3rd year)
- Construction Management/Technology
- Engineering (Civil, Electrical)
Since 1997, the Foundation has awarded 1,241 scholarships totaling $647,300
- Applications must be received by March 15
- Mailed applications must be postmarked by March 15th, should not be stapled or bound and sent to:
Alabama Home Builders Foundation
P.O. Box 241305
Montgomery, AL 36124
- Faxed applications should be sent to 334-834-5380.
- To email your application, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications received will be acknowledged via email. If you do not receive an email receipt, please check to see if we have received your application.
- Application must be completely filled out including email and financial aid information as well as all required documentation listed below in order to be considered.
- College or high school transcript (whichever is most recent).
- Minimum of one letter of recommendation. Letter must be signed and on letterhead if it is available.
- Proof of residency, such as a copy of a state-issued identification or a copy of a utility bill.
Note: This list is not exclusive to other trades. Should an applicant demonstrate that their education will lead to a career in residential building, the AHB Foundation Scholarship Committee will consider the application for possible funding.
- Career Goal: The AHBF supports applicants who are pursuing an education in the residential construction industry. Be sure to tell us how your chosen career relates to the residential construction industry.
- Past Recipient: The AHBF encourages past recipients of the scholarship to reapply each year as they are given preference in the award process.
- Financial Need: The AHBF recognizes financial need as an important factor in awarding scholarships. Leaving financial information blank does not benefit the applicant.
- Academic Achievement: The AHBF supports academic achievement but knows not all students are A students. The GPA is not necessarily the most important aspect of a student’s transcript. The scholarship committee is interested in what courses the student has taken, how the courses relate to the residential construction industry, as well as the GPA and any standardized testing scores.
- Extra-curricular Activities: The AHBF is interested in hearing what you do inside and outside of school. It gives the scholarship committee a better idea of who they may be supporting.
- Letters of Recommendation: A letter of recommendation is important in the application process. Make sure to include at least one signed letter of recommendation, preferably on letterhead.
- Completeness of Application: Be sure to completely fill out the application and submit all required documents. The AHBF scholarship committee will not review incomplete applications.
- Application Deadline: Make sure your application is in or postmarked by March 15. Late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants can expect to hear whether they are a scholarship recipient by the end of
April, via mail.
- For questions please contact Louise Brown at 334-834-3006.
We congratulate all of our 2021 recipients.
|Reilly Burton – University of Alabama – Finance/Marketing – Bentley & Kitty Owens|
|Andy Cross – Auburn University – Building Science (3) – Bentley & Kitty Owens|
|Jay Cross – Auburn University – Building Science (3) – Bentley & Kitty Owens|
|Todd “TJ” Slyman – University of Alabama – Finance – Bentley & Kitty Owens|
|Trevor Arnold – Gadsden State – HVAC – DeKalb County HBA|
|William Crow – Auburn University – Building Science (3) – DeKalb County HBA|
|Jacob Jones – Gadsden Sate – Electrical – DeKalb County HBA|
|Wells Rutland – Auburn University – Building Science (3) – Malone-McQueen|
|Jack Slyman – Auburn University – Business – Past President/Hall of Fame|
|Christopher Bearden – Bevill State – HVAC|
|Landon Boatwright – Gadsden State – HVAC|
|Libby Burdett – Auburn University – Engineering – Electrical|
|Landry Bussey – Jacksonville State Universtiy – Accounting|
|Noah Byrd – Auburn University – Engineering – Civil|
|Wilson Carter – Auburn University – Engineering – Civil / Structural|
|Marshall Coker – Bishop State – Electrical|
|Angel Cruz – Gadsden Sate – Construction Technology|
|Michael Daniels – University of South Alabama – Environmental Geologist|
|Mackenzie Fitts – Auburn University – Building Science|
|Tyler Gallahar – Jacksonville State Universtiy – Business Management|
|Dee Green – Wallace State – Building Construction & Carpentry|
|Jamarkus Hill – Wallace State – Masonry|
|Gage Hunt – Lawson State – HVAC|
|Keltrick Jakes – Alabama A&M – Engineering – Civil|
|Beau Johnson – Auburn University – Building Science (2)|
|April King – Lawson State – Building Construction|
|Jianing King – Lawson State – Building Construction|
|Tyson Lee – University of Alabama – Engineering – Construction|
|Carter Mann – Auburn University – Architecture (4)|
|Landon Masters – Auburn University – Engineering|
|Ryan McCain – Wallace State – Building Construction|
|Jonathon Mitchell – Lawson State – HVAC|
|Gracie Morgan – Jacksonville State – Engineering – Architectural|
|Angel Morrow – Alabama A&M – Construction Management|
|Brittany Noe – Auburn University – Architecture (4) / Interior Design|
|Noah Phillips – Wallace State – HVAC|
|Logan Pitts – Jacksonville State – Engineering – Civil|
|Benjamin Price – Auburn University – Engineering – Biosystems|
|Adan Rodriguez – Wallace State – Architecture|
|Ephraim Rolingson – Undecided – Engineering – Electrical|
|Hannah Slaton – Auburn University – Interior Design|
|Charles Snipes – University of Alabama – Engineering – Construction|
|Braden Spann – Auburn University – Engineering – Architectural|
|Britney Stephens – Gadsden State – Carpentry|
|Cole VanScyoc – Auburn University – Business / Economics|
|Hunter VanScyoc – Auburn University – Building Science (3)|
|Jacob Vice – Southern Union – HVAC|
|Daniel Welch – University of Alabama – Marketing|
|Miles Wentworth – Auburn University – Building Science (3)|
|Seth White – Auburn University – Building Science (3)|
|Montrell Wilson – Wallace State – Masonry|
P.O. Box 241305
Montgomery, AL 36124-1305